1. How much time do you need for photographs on our wedding day?
For a typical 8 hour wedding we would require the following approximate times;
- Décor & Venue – 30 min
- Bridal Portraits (getting ready) – 2hrs
- Ceremony – 30min to 45min
- Group / Family Portraits – 30min to 45min
- Bride and Groom – 1, 5hrs to 2hrs
- Social Reception shots & celebrations for the remainder
* Please allow enough time for the photography during the day. There is nothing worse than being pressed for time. We will go the extra mile to get the most incredible portraits of you and you love, all we need it time.
2. Do you have any tips for great photographs?
Time! Light! Planning! As a photographers the most important element for us is light. Weather it is natural light streaming in from a window or artificial lighting in a reception hall – light is one of the fundamental resources that a photographer needs for great pictures. Our advice in terms of planning the areas for your getting ready / bridal portraits, ceremony & reception venues is to consider the lighting have a good look at the space. If it is bright and spacious it will photograph best. So here are a few simple tips we have collected along the way;
- Time – please see question 1 in terms of how much time we need to photograph
- Make sure that rooms and venues are light and spacious
- Look for big open windows and areas of natural light flowing into the areas create a wonderful atmosphere
- If you are getting married on the beach make sure that you stand under a linen sail to minimize the shadows on your face
- Although candle light is very romantic, it is not enough for your reception photographs.
- Please ensure that your venue can offer a good additional light source.
- Wiring and Speakers are often things that need considering in terms of their placement. Please make sure these are hidden in order to ensure that they don’t appear in every shot
- At your getting ready venue, keep the clutter to a minimum, remember that this is the setting in which you will be documented as you prepare for the ceremony. Keep the main bedroom clean so that it can be used for bridal portraits if necessary. Full length mirrors make wonderful props for.
- The dance floor, please check the placement and lighting
- The cutting of the cake and any other significant event that you would like documented needs to be in an area with light and space so that we can move around you to document the happening.
- Any other tips we will discuss with you when we create your wedding timeline as well as your shoot list for the day
3. Is a wedding photographer still that important, everyone I know owns a modern digital camera?
Owning a big fancy DSLR camera, doesn’t make a professional wedding photographer, as much as owning a pair of running shoes makes you an Olympic athlete!
Your wedding images are the only lasting memory of one of the most special days of your lives. They will tell your story for generations to come. Such a huge responsibility should be handed to professional photographers that you have personally met and with which you can communicate and trust to capture deeply personal images on your wedding day.
A professional wedding photographer will have mastered excellence in their style of shooting and photo editing over time. They should have an enormous passion for capturing weddings and lifestyle portraits. They will own a variety of professional cameras, lenses and back-up equipment, and have a number of skilled techniques up their sleeve when the going gets tough! They will be experienced in capturing key moments as well as the spontaneous snatched emotive moments, but should also be able to keep their cool when unexpected wedding day hiccups happen – they will know what to do and they will be prepared.
4. How do we secure your photography services for our wedding date?
If you’re in George or surrounds, please join us for a cup of coffee, and let’s chat about your wedding day plans. If you are not in the area, we can always chat over Skype. Your wedding photographer will spend most of your wedding day with you, so you need to ensure that you have made the right choice and that you can communicate with them and trust them.
When you decide to book us, a 50% booking fee secures our services for your wedding day.
5. How many images will we receive?
We do not limit the number of wedding photographs that we take on your wedding day. We photograph non-stop as the wedding day’s celebrations, events and emotions unfold before us. Ultimately you should end up with around 600-800 wedding photographs, captured during regular 8 hour wedding.
6. Who will edit our images?
We lovingly and professionally edit your wedding images ourselves. We do not outsource the editing as this is where we get to transform the images into artworks which carry our signature style. We use the most up to date professional editing software, Lightroom and Photoshop. This “2nd take” is where we transform your wedding images into wedding day “masterpieces”.
7. How long after our wedding day will we receive our images?
Wedding season is very busy, but we try our best to get the wedding images to our newlyweds between 6-8 weeks after the wedding date. In the quieter wedding months this time will
be significantly less.
8. Can we have the RAW files?
Like all professional wedding photographers our images are captured in RAW-format and your final edited images are handed to you in JPG-format. Regrettably we don’t release our original RAW-images. RAW-images represent the canvas on which we create our artistic wedding photographs. Our final product reflects our own artistic style of wedding photography and carries our personalized stamp.
9. Do you offer any additional items?
We have been doing this for over 12 years and have been blessed with fantastic service providers across the board. We can offer our newlywed’s products ranging from prints, wedding albums, thank you cards, save the date cards, coffee table books, or canvas prints. If you have a special request, we’ll gladly try to accommodate you.
10. Will you design my wedding coffee table book?
Absolutely! We do all our graphic design and artwork in-house. We carefully select and arrange your images as well as design, illustrate and artwork your coffee table book to tell your personal story, in a unique and deeply personal way.
11. What is your coverage time on our wedding day?
Our standard wedding package allows for 8-hours of coverage. We’ll gladly cater for additional hours if you need longer coverage.
12. How long in advance should we book?
Saturdays are very popular for weddings, if you would like to use us, please book as soon as possible to ensure that we are available on your day.t
13. How would you describe your style of photography?
Our images portray a blend of styled – and photojournalistic wedding photography. We love documenting the spontaneous moments and little glances that tell the story of your wedding day, however, you may appreciate a little direction when it comes to the bridal, family and couple photographs, which we will gladly offer – no stress attached, just fun!
Ultimately we’d like our wedding couples to have a mix of wedding images, some fun, some styled and some that will arouse the deepest emotion and fondest memories.
14. What equipment do you use?
We shoot exclusively with Nikon professional equipment. This includes 2x Nikon camera bodies, a selection of Professional Nikon gold series lenses and various Speedlights and Ellencrom studio flash lights. All of our equipment is regularly upgraded. We are both accredited by the Nikon Professionals Association.
15. What are your transport and accommodation requirements?
Travel expenses are included within a 100 km radius of George. Should your wedding venue fall outside of the George area, Automobile Association rates may apply to transport costs. If your wedding takes place more than a 2 hour drive from George, we may require overnight accommodation and will discuss this with you when you book our services.
16. Do you view our wedding venue beforehand?
Although we may have shot at your chosen venue many times before, we still do a location scout before each wedding. We like to find new locations, beautiful backdrops and undiscovered gems. The landscape in this area is forever changing and we are blessed to have this as our photographic playground.
17. Do I need to provide you with table seating and a meal at the wedding reception?
Yes please! If possible a separate little table on the side, out of the way will be great. Seating us with your guests is also fine, however all our camera equipment tends to be a bit cumbersome and makes people a little uncomfortable.
18. Can you assist us with a timeline for our wedding day?
Absolutely! The last thing you want is to be stressed on your wedding day and feel that you are racing against the clock. Allow enough time for all activities to be done and captured at a leisurely pace. We will go the extra mile to capture images that you will treasure for generations to come. All we ask for is enough time to capture each special moment. We can help you plan your timeline to ensure that we deliver the standard of wedding photography you booked us for.